Hello all, and thanks for stopping by!
Most of you who might see this page probably already know me, but for those of you who don’t, here’s a little info to introduce myself. As far as the basics, I’m 43, live in Wilmington, North Carolina, and work as an Oncology nurse. I’ve always been a huge Anglophile at heart. To me, there’s no place on earth as beautiful as England. Although I’ve only been once, I can’t wait to go back!
I do enjoy watching television, playing around on the computer, reading (although I must confess, I’m a very slow reader), traveling and spending time with friends.
Honestly, I’m somewhat of an introvert, so I don’t normally put myself or my thoughts out there for the world to see. I originally started this blog as an exercise in sharpening my writing skills, which I had let fall by the wayside.
To get to know me better, here are twenty five random things about me, in no particular order:
1. I love my Grandma with all my heart, and I miss her more than words can ever say.
2. I hate to wake up in the mornings.
3. There are a couple of friends of mine who say I’m an idiot savant when it comes to geography, but I’m not sure why ;-).
4. I can fold a fitted sheet.
5. I love writing, even though I struggle to find topics to write about most days.
6. A friend of mine says my driving, “gives her the vertigo.”
7. I think Duran Duran is the great band EVER.
8. I daydream way too much.
9. Winter is my favorite season of the year, even moreso when it snows!
10. I love the smell of coffee, but I don’t like the taste; unless it has cream and a TON of sugar!
11. I play the flute, and at one time I was really good at it.
12. To me, England is the greatest place on earth, bar none. I’m a total Anglophile!
13. I’m extremely loyal to my family and friends.
14. I’m terrified of snakes.
15. My favorite TV show is “Days of our Lives,” although I’ve not really been able to watch it since Grandma passed. We used to talk about it all the time, and it’s still too painful.
16. I’ve suffered from chronic depression since my teenage years.
17. I use humor as a way to mask my insecurities.
18. Some people call me OCD, but I’ve never thought of myself that way.
19. I have a bad habit of comparing myself to others and never thinking I’m good enough to measure up.
20. The only foreign countries I’ve been to are England and Brazil.
21. I believe I’m the world’s champion at holding a grudge. I’m not proud of it, but there you go.
22. Sometimes I feel like I’m a bundle of contradictions.
23. My favorite color is gray.
24. My memory is terrible.
25. Saturday is definitely my favorite day of the week.